Thursday, February 21, 2013

Australian Women Writers Challenge 2013

Well it's on again, and I'm up for it.

The Australian Women Writers Challenge seeks to confront head-on the raw deal female authors in Australia get. The statistics speak for themselves. Never mind the fact women are the ones most likely to read books, and to purchase books for themselves and others. Women writers in Australia (and elsewhere) are far less likely to be reviewed in literary journals and newspapers, or anywhere for that matter, thereby missing out on a significant marketing and publicity tool.

Don't believe me? Read this for the hard cold facts.

Anyhoo, I am pledging to read at least four books by an Australian woman, and review three of them. The reviews will appear on this blog and enjoy links from the AWWC site.

Why not join up yourself? Women and men, girls and boys can sign up, and can register as a 'reader only', pledging your own level of involvement. Visit the AWWC site here.

Off the the shops now to buy I Came To Say Goodbye by Caroline Overington. I'd be delighted to receive your suggestions for my further reading.

Read my reviews from 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment